Sunday, September 16, 2012

Topped Raspberry Bars

As brought to our MOPS meeting on Thursday. I can't wait to make these!




Topped Raspberry Bars

2-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. butter, softened
1 egg
1 c. raspberry preserves
Garnish: powdered sugar

Combine flour, sugar, pecans, butter and egg in a large bowl.  Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 to 3 minutes.  Set aside 2 cups of mixture for topping.  Press remaining mixture into the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 baking pan.  Spread preserves over top; sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture.  Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, until golden.  Cool completely; cut into bars and sprinkle with powdered sugar.  Makes 2 dozen.

My notes:  You can use any kind of preserves you have on hand.  I used some home made apricot jam and sprinkled some fresh picked raspberries over the top before the pecan topping along with a little more sugar.  IMPORTANT both my mom and I have made this and they never need more than 30 min in our ovens or they burn.  When I did it I put them in and set the timer for 20 min and then kept checking until they were nice and golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment