Thursday, May 10, 2012

Welcome to the new MOPS Blog!

Welcome to the new blog for our local chapter of the MOPS group! I am excited to share with you, through this blog in our effort to PLUNGE into deeper relationships (new theme for the upcoming year!). This blog is meant to serve several purposes throughout this summer and as we begin with a new group for the upcoming 2012-2013 year!

My name is Becky and I am going to be our Mommy blogger. I am excited about this new role and hope that it will be a real addition to our group!

1. I will recap meetings after they happen. Sadly, things come up and we can not make it to every meeting. I am often very sad when I have to miss out but hopefully this will help us when we do have to miss!
2. I will be posting detailed craft directions if you were gone that day, or if you want to refer back to do the crafts at a later date. If you are registered for MOPS and you wish to do a craft but miss that day, we have materials available for you so you can do it on your own time! Lots of our crafts make WONDERFUL gifts for Christmas, birthdays and other celebrations. Now you will know exactly how to do that craft when you want to refer back!
3. I will be occasionally blogging about mommy topics as the Lord lays them on my heart. If you ever have a topic that the Lord has really laid on your heart and wish to be a "guest blogger" please just let me know and you can do a post or two....or three!
4. RECIPES! One of the best things about our MOPS group is the amazing food that people bring! If you provide me with the recipe that you have brought to MOPS I will gladly share it with the group!
5. Opportunities for service:  we are often alerted to opportunities for service.....to allow our worship to have hands and feet! We may not be participating as a large MOPS group, but sometimes it is good to know what is going on so we can participate with our families!

I have been blessed to be a part of MOPS for 8 years now. I only have a few years left but want to make a difference in the time I have left! I hope that this blog serves to encourage and bring us closer together as a group. Any blog ideas feel free to share!








No comments:

Post a Comment